Friday, July 20, 2007

SIMS 2 and Festivals and Ryan Scair Strikes Again

On a recommendation from Mr. Peter Vigors, we brought SIMS2 into our lives. For those of you who are not familiar with with world of simulated living, SIMs 2 (distantly related to that ol' favourite SimCity) allows you to create neighborhoods and people to live in them (with an amazing amount of detail). What do these people do? They make friends, find jobs, and cook dinner. Why it's so addictive, I'm not sure, but my wife and I have found ourselves sat in front of the computer for hours a day, watching little virtual people go to the bathroom.


Yesterday I came home to find a distraught wife because Social Services had come to take the virtual babies away. And she needed comforting after the virtual Sinéad through a party and no one had fun... I believe her exact words were "I spent 400 pounds on a buffet, why didn't anybody have fun!", accompanied by small sniffles. What's even more ironic is the fact that we now consistently argue over who gets control of the computer and, in general, Sinéad will spend her hard-earned computer time making our SIMs get together with some virtual cuddles...
something is well out of kilter...

General commentary on the UK
Something I find insane about the UK is that, despite the predictably awful weather, there is a continuous series of music festivals throughout the summer known for big crowds, pouring rain, floating tents, and slodging through mud, generally accompanied by sleepless nights, over-consumption of alcohol, and the occasional drug use. What's even more insane is that in general, if one is a festival go-er, one goes to all of them, weekend after weekend after weekend. In addition to this, they think that the rest of the world is like them and admires them for their festivals. The looks I got when I acknowledged that I had never heard of the mud fest know as Glastonbury are indescribable. My thirty-year-old mind does not compute.

Why you need to boycott Ryan Air, an essay in two words:
They Suck.

Oh my gawd. Besides all the basic reasons that we hate Ryan Air: cavalier attitude towards customer service, scalping passengers with carry on luggage fees, complete lack of any sort of empathy in any sort of situation for any reason whatsoever, leaving out of such sh*t airports as Stansted and Prestwick, they are also scary as f*ck in terms of safety. I will never ever take a Ryan Air flight again, I don't care if it is £1.99 before the £75.00 in taxes and fees.

This morning the flight attendant didn't shut the door properly. The big door. The door that looks like an eggs and makes a seal with the exterior of the aircraft when it shuts. She didn't shut the door and she had no idea and the plane started to back away from the gate and someone from OUTSIDE noticed and she had to open it and shut it and it took two flight attendants to shut it properly. Their main role is to make sure that passengers are safe and they did not know their asses from their elbows.

I'm not saying that every employee of Ryan Air is that incompetent but I am so never taking the risk again because if they will hire someone so obviously unsuitable for job in terms of a) common sense and b) physical ability to do the job, I'm sure that there are others. And next time, someone might not notice that they didn't shut the bloody door. [*end rant]

Related Links:
Ryan Air: Caught Napping

Glastonbury Official Site

Glastonbury MUD FOR SALE (what is wrong with these people?)
SIMs2 Support Group (see what I mean?!)

No comments:

of the stalking kind