Thursday, May 29, 2008

La francophasie

In a daring follow up to the jingoistic blog of last Thursday, I thought I'd better prove to my French friends that I really do appreciate the wonders of francophanie so they won't cancel any more drinks rendez-vous...

So here goes... all the splendours of la France that deserve kudos:

1) Aires every 10 km on the motorways
2) Croissants, fougasses, etc etc etc
3) Fresh produce that doesn't taste like water
4) 24-hour bakeries
5) Flyovers and underpasses instead of roundabouts
6) Cheap, good wine
7) Philosophy
8) Museums and collections of art that are unrivalled
9) Loverly countryside
10) Brilliant health care system (despite a scary tendency to prescribe suppositories)
11) Mimosa Festivals and Citrus Festivals
12) Socca
13) Some things can only be expressed with French swear words
14) Culture and culture both
15) An actual separation of Church and State
16) One of the first countries to allow for civil unions
17) Café culture
18) TGV and good train systems
19) Some of my favorite people are French (and named Marion)



Please add your own and together we shall celebrate the French!



Related Links
Fête du citron
What some random guy thinks are the best things about France
Eurovision 2008

1 comment:

Au P'tit chou said...

Catching up on your latest posts (hilarious posts about French), I'd like to think you are refering about me at the end of your post. If it is not the case, do not spoil my illusions (some things are better left unsaid :-)

of the stalking kind